Monday, January 9

Jay-Z and Beyonce welcomes Blue Ivy Carter!

She's finally here!  Beyonce and Jay-Z welcomed baby Blue Ivy Carter into the world Saturday in a New York City Hospital.  Princess Carter and mom are apparently doing well!  CONGRATS!



The thing that I don't understand is the name.  Ivy is cute and "according to GMA, the couple chose "Ivy" because of the significance of the number "4" or "IV," --  Beyonce and Jay-Z were born on Sept. 4 and Dec. 4, respectively, were married on April 4, 2008, and Beyonce's latest album is entitled 4.)" ( from yahoo.com)  But Blue just sounds....well...'blue' to me (ie I'm feeling blue).   To me that is a little odd.


There has been so much speculation about the significance of the name Blue, but I wonder if this is Jay-Z's final nod....his Blueprint 4 (aka Blueprint IV aka Blue Ivy). His true masterpiece in the form of a bouncing baby girl!  Your thoughts?  What do you think about the name Blue?


I wonder how long we'll have to wait to see the baby pics....

No comments: